Hey everyone! We have been getting tiny glimpses of spring weather here in Georgia and I am so excited! I love Spring! I hope the weather is warming up nicely where you are. Today I am telling you All About SNS Nails. I get questions about my nails all the time, so I thought I would do a proper post all about them. Keep reading if you are curious!
All About SNS Nails
So, I’ve been getting SNS nails now since September of last year. I went to a nail salon one day, wanting fake slightly pointy nails and I had heard SNS nails were the way to go. So an obsession was born. I fell in love with them.
This actually wasn’t my first experience with SNS, I got them done on top of my real nails years ago, at a different salon. Within a few days my nails were breaking left and right and the SNS was peeling up and not living up to what I was expecting. I’m so glad I decided to try them again later.
Info below is from snsnails.com
In 1990, the company introduced a breakthrough innovation: SNS Dipping Powders. With the powders came a base that is packed with nutrients —vitamins A, E, D, E and B5, plus calcium. The effect is dramatic. Instead of causing harm to the nail bed, every use of the new formula actually improves its health!
As for everyday wear, the nails become super-strong, with a durable surface that lasts a full two weeks (mine last much longer)
Health is half the story. The other half is beauty. SNS launched a growing choice of dazzling colors, all produced in a unique system that gives nails a stunningly rich and radiant surface.
In a Nutshell
SNS is really safe for your nails. If you have ever gotten acrylic nails you know how damaged your nails are when you take them off, your nails are no longer smooth, but full of ridges, weak spots, not durable and can even be painful. One time I got acrylics… probably the last time before I tried SNS, but it took my real nails months to finally heal and get back to normal. That is not okay. I am so glad that with SNS you can have pretty nails that the color lasts, but when you decide to take them your real nails are still good.
Some Helpful Tips.
When you go into a nail salon sometimes it can be confusing because they offer so many services. Here are some helpful tips I’ve learned from experience.
- What to ask for: Ask for an SNS Manicure (that entails cuticle care, nail shaping, SNS application and lotion)
- If you are getting tips put on, make that clear so they know exactly what you are wanting.
- My nails last around 4 weeks, which is amazing in my opinion. You don’t have to worry about getting them done so often, plus getting your nails done can be expensive and time consuming, so going 4 weeks in between is perfect.
- If your nails are done right, they will last.
- The shape I get is Almond. I absolutely love the shape for my hands. Even when your nails get really long, it is easy to do your normal routine because of the almond shape of the nail.
- SNS isn’t made of steel… they will break. If one does break, don’t freak out and decide to take all of your nails off. Either get it fixed the next time you go for a fill in, or get them to professionally take them off.
- Find the right salon for you, I had to search around and go to many places I disliked, but I found the best place for me.
So that is all I have for you today on SNS nails, I know it is a lot to read, and some of it you may already know, but I wanted to cover as much as I could. Believe it or not, but right after I took these pictures for this post, one of my nails broke… isn’t it ironic… don’t you think! :)
A few pictures of SNS I’ve gotten since October.
Anyways, I hope you learned something today!
Check out my last post on the BEST Drugstore Liquid Lipstick here.