I’m going to tell you something you probably don’t know about me… I LOVE organization/organizing. It just makes me happy for everything to have a place and you know exactly where to find it and return it. I have recently reorganized all of my makeup and today I wanted to share some Makeup Organization Tips with you. Keep reading to see.
*None of the items in the post are to brag by any means, it is just to show you how I organize my vanity.
I have just recently re-organized where I put my makeup on each day. I used to sit on my bed with a roll-up makeup bag… nothing wrong with that, but as my collection grew I ran out of room and sitting on my bed isn’t the kindest thing for my back. It was a win win.
You can be as organized or unorganized as you want, it’s all personal preference.
1. Use a utensil tray (kitchen department anywhere but I found mine at Marshall’s) to store things like foundation, blush, eye shadows, mascaras etc. These are really affordable and the ones I found are adjustable so you can make them as big or as small as needed. These are super easy to clean if they get dirty.
2. Organize your makeup by type, this is much easier when doing your makeup to find the blushes with blushes instead of being with eye shadows. This is how I keep mine and I feel like I actually see a lot more of the items I have. If you have big items that don’t fit in the trays sit them on the outside of the tray.
3. Organize your brushes in a jar/old candle holder to keep them right at your fingertips so you aren’t fumbling around trying to find your brushes. They are all in one place. Learn how to make this brush holder here. I keep mine on my desk because I think it’s pretty enough to sit out, but also very functional.
4. Use a mail organizer to store bigger palettes. I love this idea because for a while I just had my palettes sitting on top of a stool. I knew I wanted something different so I was browsing Marshall’s one day and saw these mail organizers and thought it would definitely work. It definitely does, you can stack several palettes depending on their size. I leave these sitting out on my desk because they just look pretty and I’m wanting to use several palettes for one look I don’t have to dig in my drawer to get them. #organizationmakesmehappy
5. This is pretty self explanatory but if you have a lot of lipsticks like myself, pick up an acrylic lipstick holder. These fit most lipsticks, and hold 25. I organize mine by brand then within that brand by alphabetical order. The brand order wasn’t important, but MAC is my favorite lippie brand so obviously those go first. Found mine at TJ Maxx, but Hautelook always has these on sale.
- Keep hand sanitizer in your makeup drawer because there really is never a time that I do a full face of makeup and don’t get at least something on my hands. You don’t want to be touching other things with makeup stained hands haha.
- I always have a lip balm in my makeup drawer so my lips can be moisturized while I’m applying my makeup, then I can apply my lipstick and my lips won’t be dry.
- Keep extra makeup goodies that you haven’t open yet in the back of your drawer so you won’t forget you have them.
These may not be the most life changing tips, but they definitely have helped me stay organized and when all my stuff is organized it takes me way less time to do my makeup, and I also use products I forgot I had because I can see them so much better now.
How do you organize your makeup?