Hey everyone! Happy Spring! It is officially Spring now (I just wish the weather would warm up), but a lot of times in the Spring people love to “spring clean”. So today I am sharing with you a new Spin Makeup Brush Cleaner. Does it work, is it faster? These are questions I will be answering! Keep reading to see the answers.
Spin Makeup Brush Cleaner
I did all of the pictures for this post at the bathroom sink, so don’t judge my lighting! :)
I have been wanting one these Spin Makeup Brush Cleaners since Bunny did a video on YouTube about one, which seems like forever ago now. It looked so cool, plus way easier and faster than the traditional way I wash my makeup brushes. So I finally got one, they are ALL over Amazon, apparently in my mind I was going to have to buy this from some speciality store… so I just never did. Haha :)
What it is.
Fast cleaning & Quick drying. Just in a few seconds, this automatic cleaner can clean and dry all size brushes thoroughly. It can save your time and money and leaves your hands free. (I got this text from Amazon, I don’t agree with it leaving your hands free.)
Price & Where to Buy.
Like I said above this can be found on Amazon for $25, comes in other colors as well.
How to Use.
- Add about an inch of water to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add your favorite makeup brush “shampoo” to the bowl or directly to each brush.
- Connect rectangular piece to handle.
- Pick a rubber tube that will fit your brush handle the best.
- Slide rubber tube onto brush handle (you want this to be pretty tight, so it doesn’t fall off during wash)
- Attach brush and rubber end to handle.
- Submerge brush 2 or 3 times in the water before turning on handle.
- Turn handle on, keep brush in the water for 30-45 seconds.
- Everything will spin, very fast.
- Pull brush up from water (remain in bowl) to dry.
- Repeat process until all brushes are clean.
This really does work, it also really saves time. It will wash and dry your brushes in a matter of 60 seconds flat. That is much quicker than me scrubbing each brush head with a sudsy hand and water, then waiting hours for them to dry. This machine will save you tons of time. I will say, I don’t think it gets my brushes AS clean as me using my old method, but it is worth it to me to wash them faster and not get them as clean. Also, with it working as fast as it does, I am more likely to actually take the time to wash my brushes more often, which really needs to happen. The rubber tubes can be a little hard to put on and take off, but not a big issue. If you have a lot of brushes and you like to wash them often this is a perfect tool for you. I am definitely happy with it!
Have you tried one of these before? What do you think?
See my last post here.