I am always anxiously checking my tracking and waiting for that cute little pink envelope. I finally got my August IPSY bag a couple days ago and I tore into it immediately. Keep reading to see everything I got in my bag this month.
August Ipsy Bag
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service for $10 a month. If you are into beauty and makeup then I definitely suggest giving it a try. You take an online quiz and based on those answers they are able to craft your bags each month. If you don’t like it, you can cancel anytime you want. Sign up here.
Now I’m just going to go ahead and tell you I wasn’t a huge fan of this bag this month. Before you even start reading why I didn’t like each product I was really just very underwhelmed. This isn’t to discourage you from signing up to get your own IPSY bag, I still think it is a really great company, but I’ve been getting their bags for a long long time now, and I think I’m just kind of wanting more at this point. Not sure what I’m going to do, but I may start shopping around for other subscriptions. It’s really fun to get a package each month, but I haven’t enjoyed my last few bags so I’m ready for a change.
- Lord and Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil : Nothing is wrong with this product exactly, but I can go out and buy a black eyeliner anytime. I would rather get a colored eyeliner in a subscription service, because it’s not something I would typically pick up at the store. | Full Size $15
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo Lotion: This product is fine, but not for my skin type. What this does is you can add it to your foundation and it just gives your face a nice luminous glow. Why it doesn’t work for me, is because I have really oily skin so I basically have a natural glow to my skin, I don’t need something else to make it look even worse. Not a bad product, just not for me. | Full Size $29
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: I have used this a couple times and I like it. It smells better than most dry shampoos, but the scent is very strong so for some people it may be overwhelming. It does help eliminate the oil in your second or third day hair, but it left mine looking a little powdery. Overall it’s a good product. | $9.00
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: This mascara does a decent job of lengthening and adding volume. I noticed after a long day of wearing this that it did smudge on my under eye area, when my regular mascara doesn’t. This isn’t a terrible product, I’m just personally tired of getting mascaras in my Ipsy bag. | Full Size $22
- Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner: I’ll be honest, I haven’t tried this and I’m not entirely sure that I will. Reason being, it smelled like someone smoked a cigarette into it and closed the cap. Which is not something I want to be putting on my lips. | $5.50
So that is everything I got in my Ipsy bag this month, again I wasn’t really impressed. Most of the items in the bag are just fine, but all together I was really underwhelmed. I still encourage anyone that loves beauty and makeup to sign up! Each bag is well over the $10 price, and all the bags are reusable. I’ve gotten so many great products, this month was just a bummer. If you still want to sign up after all my ranting you can do that here, I promise it’s a really fun bag to sign up for!
Do you change up your makeup when going into different seasons or wear the same things?