Hey everyone!! Can you believe it’s time to decorate for Christmas? Didn’t we just take down the decorations from last year?! Haha! Well today I am going to share with you how to decorate for Christmas on a budget. This is a really fun post so keep reading to see it all!
Decorate for Christmas on a Budget
Decorating for Christmas, buying gifts, baking, and planning parties can be really expensive during the holidays, but decorating doesn’t have to be. Goodwill is the perfect place to shop for Christmas decor, sometimes you have to use your imagination and a little paint.
Since I am a Beauty Blogger I will show you how I decorate my vanity for Christmas as well.
All of this came from Goodwill…. can you believe it? I got some good stuff right? Well what you really aren’t going to believe is I got all of this stuff for $19 and some change! Wow right?
Some of the things were great just the way they were, but others needed some work or really just some gold paint (can you tell I like gold?).
Here is the fun part… I sanded, and spray painted things that I thought needed a little pick-me-up or things that I thought would look better gold. The paint was $6, found at any hardware store. Paint can really give something a whole new life.
I filled a large vase with red and gold ornaments and a small wired cup (not sure what it was intended for) with eye liner pencils.
I love this little corner! Everything came from Goodwill except the accessories on the tray and the perfume bottle!
Those stars are seriously one of my favorite things in the whole room. If you remember from the before picture they were brown and a mustard yellow, but spraying them gold really classed them up.
This little space is on top of my makeup drawers and I love it! Goodwill purchases are the gold (of course) Santa ornament and the green Christmas tree candle. It’s all about decorating little spaces. If you can create a moment in one corner your whole house will start coming together!
Ahh my vanity… my baby! Haha. Here I wanted to keep it functional but totally Christmasy too! I found this awesome napkin holder and turned it into a palette holder, they fit beautifully in this thing, and it’s just so fancy. Like I showed you earlier, I put all of my eyeliner into this wired festival cup and put it on a candle holder, the brush holder was something I made a long time… but doesn’t it fit in? On the other side I decorated with fake flowers in a jar and a gold picture frame.
I love how simple yet festive this area looks.
- Goodwill has great, budget friendly options to complete your family’s holiday decorating
- Donations to Goodwill are sold in stores to not just help those looking for inexpensive items. All proceeds help to support the mission of putting people to work. This year Goodwill will help 20,000 people in North Georgia find jobs.
- Goodwill is celebrating of putting people to work in North Georgia. Happy 90th birthday Goodwill! :)
Tips for Shopping at Goodwill:
- Go in with some kind of idea for things you want to look for… like do you need a Christmas tree? Add that to your list.
- Go through each aisle more than once. I did this and I found better stuff the second go round.
- Be creative. Remember something may not look so great now, but you can always paint it or clean it up and turn it into a masterpiece.
- Think outside of the box. Don’t limit items to their soul purpose, think of other ways you can use things… like the napkin holder above.
This was seriously so much fun. My mom and I went, perused through the aisles of things that had a different life before and got creative with how I could use them today.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did doing it, and I hope you were able to take some inspiration and get creative this year when it comes to decorating for Christmas.
Have you bought anything from Goodwill to decorate your home?