You know when you are at the beach with your toes in the sand and the sun on your skin and your beachy hair blowing in the wind and it just looks absolutely perfect?!?!… Yea me neither. I don’t know about you but just because I’m around salt water doesn’t mean my hair is going to look good unless I use some type of product in it to make it that way. Well fear not because today I’m going to show you how you could create your own beachy waves, even at home all year round.
How To Get Beachy Hair
These are some of my favorite Beach Sprays. They are all great on their own, but I like to mix them together too for that extra oomph. From left to right Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, Lush’s Sea Salt Spray, and Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray.
1. I always wash my hair with my normal shampoo and conditioner, if you don’t need to wash yours, wet it until it is damp.
2. While in the shower, after I am done cleansing and conditioning I comb my hair out with a wide tooth comb. Found at any drugstore.
3. When I get out of the shower I try to get some of the moisture out with my towel and I also scrunch my hair with the towel already making it have a wave to it.
4. Then I spray my favorite Beach Texturizing Spray or mix a few of them together. Once I have fully coated my damp hair I scrunch my hair all around. If you don’t know how to scrunch your hair all you do is take one hand and grab the bottom of a section of hair and push that hair up until it meets your scalp.
5. You can also take strands of hair and twist it back and when it dries those will be more defined curls.
6. If you are in a time crunch you can dry your hair with a defuser but, if you do have more time let it air dry if you are indoors and it will prevent your waves from being frizzy.
7. Once your hair is dry you can spray some extra beach spray if it needs it or just finish it off with some hairspray.
*Tip* If you have super straight hair that doesn’t curl you can still create this same look by again spraying your hair with the beach hair spray but instead of just letting it air dry, section off your hair into 4 equal parts. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. Create a small bun out of each section and secure it with a bobby pin or hair tie (you should have 4 buns on your head when you are done). Sleep with it this way all night and in the morning take it all down and you should have beachy waves. If it isn’t exactly what you want spray some more beach spray in your hair and scrunch.
That is all it takes to get your own beachy hair at home. I love doing this a lot in the summer because it’s super easy and takes no time. While I’m letting my hair dry I’m doing my makeup and getting dressed for the day. Remember this isn’t going to be a perfectly flawless hairstyle, it is definitely a bit more messy and out of place.
What is your go-to summer hairstyle?