I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Coral Star. Thank you so much for nominating me! Go check out her blog and her Instagram account, she posts about beauty and fashion which we know is right up my alley.
Let’s get this thing started…
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Create a post thanking the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. State 11 interesting facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer.
11 Facts about me:
1. I’ve never had my ears pierced. It’s not that I’m scared of it hurting, it’s just never been a priority for me. I would much rather wear big statement necklaces versus earrings. Weird?
2. I swear I like swimming more than a kid does! If I’m near water and It’s summer I need to be in that water. I grew up going to a summer camp every summer in my childhood and we went swimming 3 days a week. That probably turned me into a lifetime mermaid.
3. Locals only/hole-in-the-wall restaurants are my favorite. They always have the BEST food, but also a really nice and cozy atmosphere. I like a restaurant based on atmosphere.
4. I have over 100 bottles of nail polish. 2 years ago I started a Nail Polish Challenge, that I wouldn’t buy anymore nail polish until I had painted my nails one time with each color. I change my nails about once a week so this has taken a long time. I have not bought ONE polish in 2 years… what?!?
5. I love really cute coffee mugs and I kind of have a collection going now, but I don’t really drink coffee, I sometimes drink hot tea or hot chocolate in the winter though.
6. Justin Timberlake is my boo! I’ve loved him ever since he shaved off his yellow curls back in the day. I’ve seen him in concert so many times and can’t wait to see him in December again…maybe he will notice me! :)
7. Giraffes are by far my favorite animal! If I could own one, I would. If I were an animal I would probably be a giraffe, they are tall… I’m tall, I see the resemblance.
8. I have hundreds of necklaces, most of them being statement necklaces. And I keep buying them… I. Can’t. Stop.
9. I have a growing stack of books I’ve never finished. If a book doesn’t captivate me from the very beginning I don’t finish it. I feel kind of bad about that, but maybe eventually I will read all the ones I never finished. Reading books isn’t my favorite thing to do. :/
10. If an animal hangs around our house long enough, I will name it. A few years ago we had this super cool spider that built a web (spiders are gross, but it never got in our way)… well I named him Hank. I’ve named a hawk, groundhogs, and others.
11. My family is super important to me. We are always there for each other through thick and thin.
1. What is one beauty product that you could not live without?
I would probably say lipstick, because you can have no makeup on at all, but if you have lipstick on it just kind of pulls you together.
2. How do you get into blogging?
Several of my friends kept urging me to start a blog and it always went in one ear and out the other. But one day I was having lunch with a friend and it was a brand new year. She mentioned me starting a blog again, and for whatever reason it made sense that time, and I really wanted to start one.
3. What is currently your favorite fashion/beauty trend?
Bold lips. I love to rock bold lips like all the time. But now more than ever you can wear just a simple eye look, but really play up the drama with your lips. I love that!
4. What is something on your bucket list?
To meet Justin Timberlake. I know that may seem crazy, but I’ve loved him for so long that I feel like I should meet him at some point. Anybody have the hook up?
5. What do you splurge on?
If I’m going to splurge on anything I think skincare is where it’s at. We only have one skin so it’s important to take care of it.
6. If you could do anything and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
Travel to Bora Bora and stay in one of those tiki huts that are right over the ocean. And get a massage like every day.
7. What are your hobbies?
I love shopping, singing in the car, watching YouTube videos, trying new restaurants, swimming, going to movies, laughing… etc.
8. What is your latest beauty/fashion purchase?
2 lipsticks from Mac. Flamingo and Ruby Woo.
9. What is something that you have been wanting to purchase, but haven’t yet?
Makeup Geek Eye shadows
10. What are your favorite stores to shop at?
ASOS is by far my favorite clothing store. Ulta, Sephora, Bath and Body, Target… etc.
11. What is your favorite movie?
This is a hard question, but one of my favorite movies is Wild Hearts Can’t be Broken… it’s so good! Another is Man in the Moon with Reese Witherspoon.
The Blogs I Nominate Are:
Questions for Nominees:
1. Best childhood memory
2. What is your dream job?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What is your favorite app on your phone?
7. What is one beauty item you can’t live without?
8. Are you a splurge or save kind of girl?
9. Who is your favorite celebrity?
10. What type of music do you like?
11. If you could live anywhere where would it be?