If you know me you know lipstick is my jam! I could totally never have another tube of lipgloss and be completely content, but take away my lipstick and we have a problem. With the latest trends of neons and brights I thought today I would show you My Top 12 Summer Lipsticks… yup you read it right 12. I started out wanting to show you 5, but I honestly just stop at 5. So 12 it is. Keep reading to see them all.
My Top 12 Summer Lipsticks
Because I have so many I am breaking them up into 3 sections of 4. Here we go!
1. Maybelline Vivids in Neon Red: I love this red because it’s more of an orange/red and orange lips are a huge trend this summer.
2. Mac’s Candy Yum Yum: This was my first ever Mac lipstick and I’m still in love with it. It is the most neon pink lipstick you will probably ever see. I always get compliments on it every time I wear it because it’s just so bright and people will definitely notice it. It is a matte finish which is my personal favorite but this color can be pretty drying. Use a lip balm before applying.
3. Mirabella in Pixie: This is a really great sheer toned coral. It is very work appropriate and great for someone who doesn’t want to go too bold with their lipstick, but still want something good for summer. It is buildable as well though.
4. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti: This is a really great orangey coral. If you haven’t tried one of these you HAVE to, they are so pigmented, creamy, and moisturizing.
1. Flower Lipstick in Tulips 2 Kiss You: This is my first Flower lipstick (Drew Barrymore’s line) and I really like it. This is the perfect Barbie Doll pink.
2. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya: This is kind of like the other Revlon Lip Butter I mentioned but this one is less opaque and it has a little more peach as the other has more orange. Definitely love this one too.
3. Maybelline Color Whisper in Cherry on Top: This is another one of those sheer toned lipsticks that can definitely be built up to be pretty opaque. Again this is really work appropriate or for someone that isn’t comfortable trying bright lipsticks. This reminds me of a juicy watermelon. :)
4, Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish: If you don’t own any of these yet… what are you waiting for? These are so great. Really pigmented, creamy, and so hydrating. This is a light baby pink mixed with a little lilac. It’s a really pretty and flattering color.
1. Revlon Super Lustrous in Coralberry: I just recently rediscovered my love for this. It’s a warmer toned coral and it’s just so flattering. It’s not too bright, it’s the perfect in the middle shade. Again very work appropriate.
2. Mac in Pink Plaid: This is the only nudish lipstick I have in this summer collection. But this is beautiful. It has pink/light purple undertones, but it’s actually on the nude side. This is perfect paired with smokey eyes. This is in the matte formula and it stays on the lips forever! I love it. Another great one for work.
3. Maybelline Color Sensational in Fuchsia Fever: I really love this color. It’s a bright Barbie Pink.
4. NYX Butter Lipstick in Razzle: This is a dark pink/fuchsia color so if something like Candy Yum Yum scares you, try this one because it’s a little more wearable than Candy Yum Yum.
So there is all of them together and if that doesn’t scream Summer I don’t know what does. As you can tell I like pinks, purples, and corals. And if you were wondering my favorite lipstick brand of all time is MAC.
What is your favorite lipstick or lip gloss to wear in the summer?