So if you haven’t noticed everyone and their brother have been talking about Essential Oils lately. I’ve heard so many great things that I was pretty curious to try them too. When I received two bottles from InstaNatural’s I was so excited to give them a try and tell you all about them. So keep reading to see beauty uses for Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils + a super easy DIY Recipe!
Peppermint & Lemon Essential Oil Beauty Uses + Recipe
What is Essential Oil:
“A natural oil typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic fragrance of the plant or other source from which it is extracted.”
These come in a 4oz. glass bottle with an eye dropper, making it easy to use exactly how much you want.
Price & Where to Buy:
These are both $19.97, available only on Amazon. Click here for Peppermint, and here for Lemon.
Beauty Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
- Removes dandruff by mixing 2-3 drops with your regular shampoo.
- Calms Inflammation, perfect for active acne that maybe swollen.
- Acne Treatment, just dab on acne before you sleep.
- Hair Growth, again, by mixing peppermint oil to your regular shampoo routine, it helps your hair grow and become thicker.
Beauty Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- Teeth Whitener, mix lemon essential oil, coconut oil, and baking soda, leave on the teeth for 2 minutes then rinse.
- Face Wash, lemon can improve your skin by clearing up acne as well as acne scars or age spots, also making your skin soft and supple. Mix with honey and baking soda for a really great acne wash.
- Hair Highlighter, apply wherever you want on your hair then just sit in the sun (I’ve done this with real lemon juice forever)
- Rough Feet Rescue, rub a couple drops on the bottom of your rough feet, and massage.
I know there are probably so many more uses, and you can also mix essential oils together for even more possibilities. But with doing my research these beauty uses are the ones I think are the most beneficial!
Keep reading for the super easy recipe!
DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub:
What you Need:
- 2 tsp. of Sugar
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. of honey
- 3-4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Small bowl or jar to store it in
Mix all of the ingredients together with a fork until it is fully mixed. The lip scrub will be in chunky pieces, if you want a smaller exfoliation, break up the big pieces with your fingers. Transfer from the bowl to a small jar for storing. and you my friend are done.
It’s the easiest thing to make. It doesn’t make a ton, so just double the recipe for more. This makes really great gifts for friends and family. And let me tell you girl, it works… my lips are so smooth and moisturized (with the coconut oil), every time I use it, plus it’s so refreshing with the peppermint scent!
If you are just wanting to get started with Essential Oils, I asked some Facebook followers some ways to use Essential oils and this is what they said. Follow The Beauty Section on Facebook here.
- Elizabeth Doran: “Frankincense is great for breakouts and when diluted around (not in) the eyes can promote healing for better vision!”
- Kathryn Gabriel Geitner: “Lavendar in your mascara”
- Beka Havice Beccue: “Frankincense and myrrh for breakouts or rashes and patchouli for wrinkles, but combine patchouli with coconut oil.”
So I hope this post was helpful to you on what beauty uses you can get from Peppermint & Lemon Essential Oil. I will tell you I was very impressed with these and would definitely purchase more. They both smell amazing!
If you try out this recipe I would love to see it, Tag @thebeautysection on Instagram so I can see your post! It’s so easy and makes your lips feel like butter, you will want to make it, I promise! :)
Have you tried Essential Oils? What is your favorite beauty use for them?
This is a Sponsored Post.
i’ve been a fan of them for years. i’ve made a few lips scrubs on the blog before, so i am a huge fan of them.
Oh yes I always love your lip scrubs!! :)
I use essential oils, but I didn’t know these two were good for the skin. I will certainly be adding them to my skincare routine. Thanks for sharing! :)
Oh yea definitely try some of the things I listed and see what you think. They really work great! Thank you for stopping by! :)
Great post! I am definitely going to try this lip scrub and a couple other beauty uses you listed! I got so excited when I read the title of this post because peppermint and lemon are 2 of the 3 essential oils that I already have! Win!
Haha that worked out perfect!! Definitely try the lip scrub, it is really good plus super easy to make!! :)
I love essential oils. Thanks for the lip scrub recipe. My daughter has been dying to make her own. =)
Oh yay, it’s really easy to make plus it will be fun to do together!! :)