I hope you are doing great! Today I am talking to you about this clever Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Mat my best friend got me for Christmas… isn’t she sweet :). Is it worth the purchase, or is it a gimmick? Keep reading to find out the scoop.
Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Mat
What it is:
“An innovative device featuring 7 patented textures to wash both eye and face brushes. The mat includes suction cups on the backside for secure placement on flat surfaces. Uniquely designed to fit most sinks.”
- Small, convenient size
- Ideal for modest brush collections
- Secure suction cups
- Time-saving results
- 7 exclusive textures
- Fits small and unique sinks
Price & Where to Buy:
This mat is $25 found online only at Sigma Beauty. Sigma also sells a bigger Spa Mat that has the exact same separated sections, but each section is obviously bigger, it is $32.
How to Use:
- Start out by suctioning your mat to fit perfectly in your sink.
- Wet your brush.
- Apply your brush cleanser to the brush (Here I’m using Beauty Blender Solid which is amazing!)
- Start swirling your brush into the WASH section of your mat. This section deep cleans your brush.
- Next run water over your brush, and sweep the brush back and forth in the RINSE section of your mat. This section removes makeup, residue and soap.
- Swirl your brush on the REFINE section of your mat to really deep clean and get rid of heavy duty makeup. Like foundation that gets caked in the middle of your brush… come girls you know exactly what I’m talking about.
- Run your brush under the water again and sweep it in the RINSE section one more time for a final rinse.
- Move on to the REFINE PLUS to get an even deeper clean.
- Do one final RINSE to get all of the gunk and soap out.
- Run your brush under the water while squeezing, keep running the water until it turns clear, then you my friend are done.
I think this mat is really great, it honestly deeps cleanses my brushes more than anything I’ve ever used. Each section of the mat is designed for the perfect cases. For me I don’t wash my brushes as often as I should ( I know, I know), meaning more and more makeup and bacteria just keeps building up. This mat really digs deep and cleans out everything. It is so fun yet disturbing to see just how much comes out of a makeup brush. I think you should definitely give this a try and see what you think. In my opinion I think it saves time and takes the guess work out of cleaning your brushes, this mat is laid out really nice and it’s easy to follow along and use. And unless you have a really big brush collection, I think buying the smaller one is sufficient enough. So for me the verdict is, I love it!
Would you buy this mat to help deep clean your brushes?