I am all about doing a mask on my face at least once a week… okay let’s be honest I get lazy, so maybe once every couple weeks. I have several different kinds that are all really great for different needs. If I have clogged pores I have a mask for that, or dull skin I have one for that too, and the list goes on and on. But this time I decided to make my own DIY Face Mask at home, from scratch, with things you could…eat. Maybe odd but there are so many great skin properties in the foods we eat everyday. So edible goodness get on my face in 3…2…1.
This mask if geared towards oily/acne prone skin. If you don’t have either of those check the bottom for a different at home face mask recipe you can do.
What you need.
- A bowl
- Ground cinnamon
- Honey (any brand will work)
What to do.
1. Take 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and dump it into your bowl.
2. Take 1 teaspoon of honey and pour it into your bowl of cinnamon.
3. Stir your mixture together until fully mixed. If it seems a little dry just add more honey, then stir again.
4. When you are done mixing, just apply to your face using your fingers. I use somewhat of a thick layer, but you can just tailor this to your needs.
5. Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes. But if you are like me, you forget about them and they end up staying on much longer.
6. After you are done, wash your face in a circular motion to exfoliate your skin. Pat dry with a towel and you my friend are done. Save any leftovers in the refrig and do it again next week.
Why use Honey and Cinnamon?
Honey is really great for all skin types and skin issues. Here I will break down some of it’s properties.
- Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for treating active breakouts and preventing future ones.
- Aging: Honey is packed full of antioxidants, helping to slow down the aging process.
- Complexion: Honey is a really great moisturizer and can give you a natural glow.
- Pores: Honey is very clarifying, therefore it will open up the pores on your face making it much easier to remove dirt, oil, and makeup.
Cinnamon is amazing for clearing up acne on your face by drying up the problem area, but also by bringing blood and oxygen to the surface of your skin causing it to heal acne faster. It also plumps the skin for a youthful appearance.
I love this mask, it feels really nice on the skin, and it is super easy and quick to make.
DIY Face Mask for Dry skin.
Avocado is an excellent choice for making homemade face masks for dry skin, as it contains a lot of oils (which is why it’s quite high in calories). Since you only need half of the avocado, you can eat the other half and give your skin a boost from the inside as well!
½ very ripe, soft avocado
¼ cup honey
Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in honey.
Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes.
Rinse face with a cool washcloth.
This mask came from Here.
Thank you for joining me today! If you try this out please let me know in the comments below!